Tuesday 15 May 2012

A fresh new start. :)

I had an old blog which I created years ago but my ultra-awesome memory enabled me to successfully forget the email and its password -.-  EPIC FAIL. But I only posted once there so it doesn't really matter actually lol. But I'm currently on a month long break now so I thought I could start doing something useful instead of just horsing around and getting myself in trouble. Soo here am I again, ready to rant, ramble and yack. :)

Its been pretty much the same routine for two weeks now. Games, movies, football, SLEEPING, EATING, bugging siblings and mainly driving aimlessly around. Of course you can easily guess the TWO THINGS I am really good at doing till now haha! And now its fat city. -.- Funnily enough I thought I could use some exercise during the break buuuut fate had other ideas to keep me occupied with. Dayumm haha. Gotta start working out soon else I might need to clothes to start off my new semester. :O

By the way, I tried doing some odd jobs around my neighborhood like pulling weed,washing cars and other stuff but I managed earn only a little.  20 bucks to be exact. -___- And here I thought I could buy all the things I've been wanting for quite some time now. New futsal shoes, a guitar and a new pendrive.(The old one ran away) What a bummer! Earning some GREEN is seriously tougher than I first thought. :O

On a brighter note, I managed to watch some movies I wanted to watch during my break. One of them is Sherlock Holmes : A Game Of Shadows. I wanted to watch it in theater like the first one but them pesky exams were around. :/ But I managed get hold of the movie eventually. Don't ask me how but i'll give you a hint. :P

Yarrr' tis' isn't what it looks like mateyy' 
Don't blame me! My wallet's on a diet and this is the last option I'd had. :P I'll buy the DVD soon though just for the sake of the movie and my immense respect for the entire cast. I don't want to specify but soon. :P

Anywaaays, Ever since I watched the first one, I found myself restlessly and impatiently waiting for the sequel. And how awesome it turned out to be! :D From what I've heard, Guy Ritchie ( Director of the movies and Madonna's Ex- Husband) didn't exactly follow the legendary books by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle but both the movies had been very entertaining and witty especially the sequel. In fact, the game of shadows is way better than the first one in my opinion. And you'll be hard put to find movie franchises that gets better with each following sequels.

Now on to the movie. (Spoilers alert!!


Basically its about Sherlock Holmes ( Robert Downey Jr) and his closest mate Dr. John Watson joining forces to bring down their most cunning foe to date, Professor James Moriarty ( Jared Harris). Holmes is apparently trying to avert a possible war between France and Germany which Moriarty wants to provoke so he can make a fortune selling weaponry and bandages to both sides. To do so, Moriarty makes it look like anarchists are bombing the key sites and killing off key members of the nations. Along the way, Holmes and Watson ran into Simza the Gypsy fortune teller, who narrowly escapes death (helped by Holmes of course) and helps them in their mission to foil ol' Moriarty's dirty plans.She also has a brother who has been recruited by Moriarty for some evil plan. 


The climax revolves around the peace conference and the happenings there which turns to be the most exciting part of the movie. When it was all over, I still wasn't quite clear what actually happened though lol. But trust me, the movie was really really good. Robert Downey Jr recently entered my list of favorite actors ever since Iron Man and he stamps his mark all over the movie with his superb acting and comedy timing. Jude Law, who I thought wasn't suitable at all to play such a contrasting character at first, surprised me here as well with an equally strong performance. Too bad Rachael McAdams (plays Irene Adler- Sherly's love interest) doesn't get much screen space here. You'll know why when you watch the movie. Also, I forgot to mention, Sherlock's brother, Mycroft( Stephen Fry) makes a cameo here.  Small but a memorable and a funny one. Also a round one. :P


Overall, the movie was very entertaining, clever and funny in most parts too. :D My favorite was during Watson's stag party; attended only by Sherlock and his brother since Sherlock forgot to invite the unfortunate doctor's other friends, and the wedding the next day, where the hung-over Watson and the bruised and dirty Sherlock drag themselves to the altar so his Watson can get married. The whole scene was so darn funnily taken LOL. Also, the chemistry between Robert Downey Jr and Jude Law is absolutely splendid. You'll get cracked up more than a few times throughout the film just because of these two buggers.  The CGI, cinematography and slo-mo action scenes were superb and breathtaking too. Don't miss the war of wits towards the end of movie between Sherly and James as they are too awesome and dangerously juicy to be missed. They even get to play chess here. Also,
unlike the first movie, Holmes has finally found a true, intelligent and compelling adversary in Prof James Moriarty. His role was powerful enough for you to despise him throughout. Trust me, the movie will immerse you within the first few minutes and at the end, it'll leave you craving for more! And you will get your full share of entertainment from this movie. :)


By the way, I have yet to read the books yet but I do have the complete set. And this time I have the real paperback books, not the pirated pdf's if that's what you're thinking LOL. 
Cost me enough for me to just survive on bread together with 


PB & J  for weeks. -____-  WEEKS I tell ya. Still I think it was worth the investment. :) These are works of art and nothing in this earth gives you a better feeling and satisfaction than reading your favourite books on a dark,rainy night and sipping away on some nice, hot chocolate while sitting on an extremely comfy and cosy armchair. I pictured it to a T didn't I? haha!
But, all I need is time.


Lots and LOTS of it.  And 24 hours per day is NOT enough. :/


I'll post some pics of memorable scenes from the movie soon. Also, I'll most probably do  some ramblings on the latest from the most beautiful game on earth and a little on American Idol if time permits me. Also, if i stop procrastinating on other stuff ;)
Wait for it aight guys! :)


So long! :) Till the next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment